I maintain a laptop repo which sets up a macOS machine as a software development environment.
LAPTOP environment variable to a directory of your choice:
Clone onto laptop:
git clone https://github.com/croaky/laptop.git $LAPTOP cd $LAPTOP
What it sets up
The script is tested on macOS Big Sur (11.3) on arm64 (Apple Silicon) and x86_64 (Intel) chips. It:
- installs system packages with Homebrew package manager
- changes shell to Z shell (zsh)
- creates symlinks for dotfiles to
- installs programming language runtimes
- installs or updates Vim plugins
It can safely be run multiple times. I run it most workday mornings.